Storing Gold Jewelry
If you cannot separate your jewelry in your jewelry box, wrap each piece individually in tissue paper or place in small plastic pouches separately as gold pieces will rub against each other and wear off.
How to Clean your Gold Jewelry
- Use any mild liquid detergent found in your home (such as dishwashing soap) with warm water in a bowl.
- Dip the jewelry pieces for a minute and brush the pieces with a toothbrush, gently while they are in the bowl.
- Then transfer them to a wire tea strainer and rinse under warm running water.
- Pat dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Storing Diamond Jewelry
If you want to keep more than one jewelry item in a box, wrap smaller pieces in tissue paper to guard against scratches.
Handle your diamonds sparingly as your finger provides enough oil from your skin to alter the way your diamond looks.
How To Clean Your Diamond Jewelry
- Soak your diamond jewelry in a warm solution of a mild liquid detergent and water.
- Use a soft brush, if necessary, to remove dirt. Swish it around in the solution.
- Rinse it thoroughly in warm water. Dry it with a lint free cloth.